Quality services in a relaxing environment, with a privileged location in Baile 1 Mai spa, Perla Wellness & Spa Hotel is offering you the needed comfort for recovery and also for closing a business deal.
If you plan on taking a walk, having a romantic dinner, an anniversary or a family weekend, Perla Hotel is the perfect solution!
1 Mai spa is located in Bihor county, at a distance of only 2 km from Baile Felix and 4 km from Oradea, between Rontau and Haieu. Also known in the past as the Baths of the Episcopacy (XV-XVIII Century), this resort became known mainly because of its mineral waters and its sapropelic mud which is extracted from the lake within, these being used in treating rheumatism, disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system and gynecologic problems.
The resort has a moderate continental climate, the average annual temperature being 10,5 °C, with a summer average of 21,3 °C. The average atmospheric pressure is 770 mm Hg.
The 1 Mai treatment spa offers qualified staff and services that you can enjoy during your vacations spent here.
The benefits of the thermal waters from the resort have been discovered many years ago. The first treatments were performed with the mud extracted from the bottom of the Peta creek and around the thermal springs. This was directly applied on the areas with pain of the body and this is how they discovered the healing and improving effect in the case of rheumatic diseases.
- car: Bucuresti - Oradea on E 60 (Brasov - Targu Mures - Cluj Napoca - Oradea), E 79 Craiova - Deva - Oradea, E 671 Timisoara - Arad - Oradea and then Oradea - Baile 1 Mai on E 66
- train: one can get to 1 Mai by train to Oradea from Bucharest (650 km), Cluj Napoca, Baia Mare or any other direction and from Oradea to the resort by car or bus.
- airplane : Bucharest - Oradea and special external flights.
Attractions in 1 Mai resort
The main attraction of 1 Mai resort is the thermal water (32 °C) which is uses both in the treatment centers for treating rheumatic diseases and in the two swimming-pool centers: "Venus", with a capacity of a few thousand places and many pools (one being an olympic pool and one having springboards for jumping) and "Waves pool center", with a lower capacity, but which is a special attraction because of the waves that are produced in the pool (these waves are produced by an engine which was built by Austrian engineers around the year 1835).
The spring of the Peta river (30°C) is located in 1 Mai resort, which, after going through Sanmartin and Oradea, flows into Crisul Repede. The lake on Peta river shelters Nymphaea Lotus var. Thermalis - "The Lake with Lilies" (unique flower in Romania, protected by the law), being considered a nature reserve. Being a Nile plant, it is presumed that the lily seeds were brought here by either the Turkish or the birds and it survived and grew because of the thermal water.
- Baile Felix Resort, at a distance of 2 km.
- Oradea, the main city of Bihor county, at a distance of 4 km from the resort. Here one can visit: Tarii Crisurilor Museum, the Memorial Museum of Ady Endre and the Iosif Vulcan Memorial Museum, the National Military Museum etc.
- Ski slopes from Hidiselul de sus, where you can also find lifts.
- At a distance of only 3 km from 1 Mai resort you can find the village of Betfia, where there is a unique karst field with a 86 meters abyss, named the "Crater of Betfia". You can go here by taking the road which connects Haieu and Betfia.
Moderate continental climate.
The annual average temperature is 10,6 °C.
Precipitations are reduced: 650 cubic meters per year.
Reduced winds from North and South-East.
- New York -7 hours, Rome -1 hour, Los Angeles -8 hours, Toronto -5 hours, Sweden +1 hour, Turkey +2 hours, Tokyo +9 hours, Buenos Aires -5 hours, London -2 hours, Budapest -1 hour
Public transportation from the train station to the hotel:
- tram no. 3 and "1 Mai Resort" bus
Check-in and check-out time:
- the hotel day starts at 16:00 and ends at 11:00
- breakfast is served between 7:30 and 10:30
How is breakfast served: